wiki:Research/DesignStudy/Meetings/2018-09-25-CDR

LARA CDR Meeting 25th August 2018

Meeting details

14:00 Room 532

Phone details:

UK: 08082 380274
Austria: 0800 006612 

PIN: 5904750902

Full list of telephone contacts may be found here.

Agenda:

  1. Introduction and status of preparation of 'reference' proposal: KL
  2. Plans to develop detailed specification of in-vitro end-station: HT, SG
  3. Development of CDR; discussion: All
  4. AoB

Notes:

Present: HT, AK, VB, CH, JPa, KL, GB, OE

  1. Introduction and status of preparation of 'reference' proposal: KL
    • One update to text of stalled ERC proposal had been received (from SG). Plan now was for VB and KL to tidy and for the document to be posted on the wiki for reference. JPa asked what additional input was required from him. VB promised resend him the draft document so that he can update his section as required.
    • Agreed next steps: prepare CDR and prepare proposal to EPSRC Healthcare Call.
  2. Plans to develop detailed specification of in-vitro end-station: HT, SG
    • HT reported that he plans to discuss with SG this week to discuss the instrumented phantom.
    • AK has the simulation prepared by L.Murgatroid of the endstation. This will be a place for HT to start from. HT will prepare a simulation in BDSIM.
    • Using the results presented by LM, VB, KL, HT will prepare a preliminary draft specification for the end station in time for next week's meeting. The end-station design will then be refined by HT.
  3. Development of CDR; discussion: All
    • We discussed the structure of the CDR. JPa suggested that, given the timescale, the CDR should focus on the initial in-vitro facility. The CDR should contain a scheme to raise the energy for the full in-vivo/in-vitro system. But, it would not be possible to develop this design in full detail. Document must contain a parameter table etc. for the post accelerator.
    • We noted the interest from G. Burt (Lancaster/CI) in our activity. GB has designed 55MV/m cavities which could in principle be used as part of the post accelerator as bunching cavities.
  4. AoB
    • JPa asked for timescale on text for template proposal. Deadline that we had set ourselves is 01Oct18 for freezing the doc. VB will be in touch as noted above.
Last modified 3 years ago Last modified on Sep 26, 2018 9:38:32 AM