wiki:Research/DesignStudy/Meetings/2020/2020-05-12

LhARA Weekly Meeting 12th May 2020

Meeting details

14:00 BST

Zoom details:

Meeting ID: 981 6136 1260 Password: See meeting invite email

United Kingdom:

+44 203 481 5237
+44 203 966 3809
+44 131 460 1196
+44 203 051 2874
0800 031 5717

Meeting ID: 981 6136 1260 Password: See meeting invite email

Find your local number: https://cern.zoom.us/u/acs7l7Y1Bc

Join by SIP 98161361260@188.184.89.188 98161361260@188.184.85.92

Join by H.323 188.184.89.188 188.184.85.92 188.184.110.70 188.185.118.153 188.184.87.135

Meeting ID: 981 6136 1260 Password: See meeting invite email

Agenda

  • Action items from previous meeting.
    • AK, OE, GH, HTL and TD to continue discussing details of how to proceed with the laser-target simulations.
    • JPar to email regarding fixing the best time for regular meetings on radiobiology.
  • Status of the publication.
  • Capture section.
  • Simulations.
    • Stage 1.
    • Laser-target.
  • A.O.B.

Notes

Participants: A Kurup, K Long, J Hughes, O Ettlinger, G Aymar, T Dascalu, C Whyte, HT Lau, J Pasternak, W Shields, J Parsons, T Greenshaw, G Schettino, J Matheson, J Pozimski, G Jones
Apologies: K Kirkby, K Gleason,

  • Previous action items:
    • AK, OE, GH, HTL and TD to continue discussing details of how to proceed with the laser-target simulations.
      • Plan to run simulation in 3D and compare the resolution to what we can get for an equivalent 2D simulation.
      • HTL just got an example Smilei input file from George Hicks and will go through it.
    • JPar to email regarding fixing the best time for regular meetings on radiobiology.
      • Will send an email to determine interest in setting up a separate meeting to discuss radiobiology activities. Need to see if we have a separate meeting or keep this in the weekly meetings.
  • Publication
    • Deadline was Monday. AK and KL received comments and is in the process of updating the paper.
    • JPas still checking and will send comments soon.
    • HTL checked dose rate calculations and found an error.
      • Discussion on calculation
        • See slides from HTL.
        • JPas: Can look at SRIM. JPo has used this before.
        • OE: We use SRIM for modelling radiochromic films. Problem is it only works on Windows.
        • HT ran native Geant4 and saw same results as the BDSIM simulations.
        • JPo: have SRIM on the tablet and will look at checking the energy deposition.
        • Will continue discussion on this after the rest of the meeting.
  • Capture - CW
    • Getting things set up to do modelling. Making the right contacts to push this through.
    • Looking at VSIM. Strathclyde has an old version. May want a newer one but it's very expensive. Cluster at Strathclyde has 300Gb RAM and may be available to run simulations on.
    • Bob has physical dimensions to look at back of envelope calculations re diocotron.
    • TD: Working on defining input file in prep for running.
  • Stage 1 simulations
    • TD: looking at tracking simulations using a transfer matrix and an idealised electric field for the lens. Discrepancy is much smaller now after discussing with WS (mainly due to the aperture needed to match the optics).
    • Laser-target
      • HTL: See above
      • OE: GH is looking at estimating how long 3D takes, 8 years. Will look at optimising the calculation.
  • AOB
    • KL: micro-beams
    • Dose rate calculations
      • HTL: May have found a bug, wrong value was used for the mass of the carbon beam.
      • AK to install SRIM on the group's server.
    • TG: Made contact with Carsten Welsch who is interested in scintillating fibre beam monitors.

Action items

  • JPar to email regarding fixing the best time for regular meetings on radiobiology.
  • AK to install SRIM on the group's server.
Last modified 19 months ago Last modified on May 14, 2020 11:21:06 AM

Attachments (2)

Download all attachments as: .zip