wiki:Research/DesignStudy/PMO/Meetings/2022-05-01

LhARA Executive Board 01Jun22; 10:00 GMT

Present: AG, TG, DK, KL, JPar, YP, CW

Notes

  1. Notes and actions: All
    • Status of actions:
      • KL contact Leo Cancer Care
        • Stands.
      • JPar will organise a meeting with WP5 managers to thrash out the Gantt chart and final project management details.
        • Done.
      • PP will revise the "route to clinic" section.
        • Done.
  1. Status of preparation of the proposal and discussion: All
    • Only known issue now is the alignment of WP1 and WP6 milestones and deliverable milestones. CW and J.Pasternak are now resolving the remaining issues.
    • When these issues are addressed we freeze and move on to initiating the review and developing the programme.
  1. LhARA and the ITRF: alignment discussion progress: All
    • When proposal is done, need to complete "Working methods" document and then negotiate the codicil that specifies the deliverables provided by the funding from the ITRF line.
    • Need now to initiate the preparation of the JeS submissions. This implies generation of the "master Jes" (action KL), iteration with institutes on the costings etc. Action here is to contact Director PPD and the relevant programme manager in the Programmes Directorate of STFC (action KL).
    • Need instrumentation expertise from Liverpool for preparation of the CDR.

  1. Raising the resources for the initiative: All
    • YP summarised the proposal she is preparing for an "International Research Project" grant from CNRS. This would provide 50k-75k Euros mainly for travel and would be used to support work on the LhARA end-station specification, development of the SmartPhantom etc, and some experimental work.
    • Paul Instrument Fund is a potential vehicle to target for the ion-acoustic development.
    • KL will organise a meeting with AG, JPar, and YP to find a set of targets for proposals from verious UK funding agencies and the EU.
      • We discussed teh possibility of an ITN application, for this we should seek to involve C.Welsch who has a track record of success in this area.
    • KL will follow up with Wellcome to ask for a response to our letter of introduction.
  1. Outreach: All
    • Need to progress seminar series and other outreach activities when work resumes next week.
  1. DONM
    • 15Jun22; 16:00 BST
  1. AoB
    • None.

Summary of actions

  • KL contact Leo Cancer Care
  • KL initiate creation of "master JeS"
  • KL contact Director PPD and the relevant programme manager in the Programmes Directorate of STFC.
  • KL will organise a meeting with AG, JPar, and YP to find a set of targets for proposals from verious UK funding agencies and the EU.
  • KL will follow up with Wellcome to ask for a response to our letter of introduction.

Last modified 21 months ago Last modified on Jun 1, 2022 10:58:46 AM