wiki:Research/GaborLens/Meetings/2020/07/09

Gabor Lens meeting: 09Jul20; 16:00 BST

Summary of actions:

  • TSD/KL will post it somewhere once a suitable place on the repository is discussed
  • KL: will make contact with A.Howard to enquire about TimePix.
  • HT will contact G.Hicks for input on simulation results.
  • HT: will send laser parameters used in simulation to RB.
  • KL: will make contact with A.Howard to enquire about TimePix.

Notes

  1. Introduction, notes and actions: KL/All
    • No actions recorded.
  1. Progress on beam experiments paper: TN
    • Drawings obtained from P.Savage; Dimensions, coil configuration are complete. Agreed that TN will take forward to include the draft paper.
    • Noted to that need to retain drawings and CAD package for later use so, action:
    • TSD/KL will post it somewhere once a suitable place on the repository is discussed

  1. Updates on the particle generation: HT See slides linked in title of agenda item. Notes and actions agreed in discussion:
    • HT will contact G.Hicks for input on simulation results. Depending on the outcome of the meeting with GH, will then move to plan a meeting with Z.Najmudin et al. for further discussion of simulation results.
    • HT: will send laser parameters used in simulation to RB.
    • RB made the suggestion that DS makes a simulation with an older version of VSIM (or perhaps OSIRIS/EPOCH) for comparison. After discussion we agreed that EPOCH should be used for comparison as this was technically more convenient. With the results in hand we would work towards a discussion of our results with others, for example M.King.
  1. Updates on VSim simulations: TSD See slides linked in title of agenda item. Notes and actions agreed in discussion:
    • TSD had made check on the induced electric field and begun to set up the simulation for the existing prototype lens.
    • We discussion the best method to initialise the electron plasma in the simulation and agreed that TSD should consider simulating the onset of a discharge in VSIM.
  1. ERC proposal: KL/All
    Updated "B1"
    Updated "B2"
  1. AOB: All
    • KL: will make contact with A.Howard to enquire about TimePix.

---

Agenda

  1. Introduction, notes and actions: KL/All
  1. Progress on beam experiments paper: TN

  1. Updates on the particle generation: HT
  1. Updates on VSim simulations: TSD
  1. ERC proposal: KL/All
    Updated "B1"
    Updated "B2"
  1. AOB: All

Last modified 17 months ago Last modified on Jul 16, 2020 3:13:04 PM

Attachments (4)

Download all attachments as: .zip