wiki:Research/LhARA/DesignAndIntegration/Meetings/2023/2023-02-21

Design and Integration meeting: 21 Feb 2023 15:00 GMT

Zoom: https://ukri.zoom.us/j/99571436156

Agenda

  • Actions from last meeting.
  • Simulations.
  • AOB

Actions

Actions Description Status
22-12-06-04 Chris Baker to provide a CAD model of the Gabor Lens test bench In progress
22-12-06-05 Clive Hill to import the CAD model into Creo to provide a better image of the Gabor Lenses. In progress
23-01-17-01 Ajit Kurup to contact Scott Lawrie to learn about Astra. In progress
23-01-17-02 Ajit Kurup to get Dockerfiles for BDsim from Will. In progress
23-01-17-03 Ajit Kurup to investigate options for storing data somewhere easily accessible for the collaboration. In progress
23-01-24-01 All to prepare document for the milestone to update the baseline Open
23-01-31-01 Jaroslaw Pasternak to ask Titus to generate a new sample of the SCAPA distribution with a larger energy spread. Closed

Notes

Present: Neil Bliss, Ajit Kurup, Ken Long, Will Shields, Colin Whyte
Apologies: Hywel Owen, Jaroslaw Pasternak

  • Actions
    • AK: Looked at Sharepoint and will test uploading a large file.
    • AK: Meeting Scott tomorrow to talk about using Astra.
    • NB: Meeting with Chris Baker and Colin to sort out the CAD model.
      • Chris should be able to provide a CAD model by the end of the month.
      • Colin will look at the SCAPA target area.
  • Simulation update , slides from Will
    • GPT with space charge gives a smaller beam at GL3 which is odd.
    • Looked at solenoid fields, seems there's a difference in the way GPT is tracking compared to BDSIM using the same field map.
    • Looked at collimator performance.
    • Octupole strengths are to do.
  • What to present at the 6 month review.
    • Discussion.
    • Prepare document for the review that states where we are at this point in time.
Last modified 12 months ago Last modified on Feb 28, 2023 12:00:11 PM

Attachments (1)

Download all attachments as: .zip