wiki:Research/LhARA/ExecutiveBoard/Meetings/2022/2022-11-16

LhARA Executive Board 16Nov22; 16:00 GMT

Present: T. Greenshaw, K. Long, J. Parsons, C. Whyte

Actions

  • KL Continue to coordinate support for M. Lamont and J. Double in the preparation of the review.
  • KL Initiate preparation of document as input to end-station discussion; KL, JPar, AG collaborate to create first draft for comment.

Notes

  1. Notes and actions: All

Status of actions:

  • KL Liaise with H.Owen et al over working methods document;
    • Done. Our response has been completed, posted in our document store and sent to N. Bliss for inclusion in ITRF document store.
  • KL Continue to coordinate support for M. Lamont and J. Double in the preparation of the review.
    • Ongoing.
  1. Proposal; status of JeS: KL, CW
    All JeS forms submitted. Programmes Directorate have processed the forms and the total has been agreed with ITRF management at DL. Now awaiting the issuing of the grants.
  1. LhARA Project progress report (new standing item): CW
    See slides. Points noted:
    • First formal report on progress in ITRF has been submitted by ITRF management to the STFC Project Risk Committee. LhARA contributions were summarised by CW.
    • First ITRF Project Office (WP0) meeting took place last week. CW reported on the discussions at the meeting.
  1. Preparation of first user consultation 14Dec22: All
    Preparations were in hand and an announcement and invitation to the meeting had been made.

We discussed the need to define the beam parameters to be delivered to the end stations and the desired capabilities of the end stations in a document ahead of the 14Dec22 meeting. The document should describe beam parameters, beam capabilities, and desired end-station capabilities; it should not propose solutions.

We agreed to prepare such a document. KL will initiate and JPar and AG will collaborate on preparation of first version which will be shared with WPMs and collaboration before being widely distributed.

  1. Update on external review of proposal (standing item until complete); KL, All
    Review committee now preparing its report. Draft of some sections shared, the content was very positive. It is anticipated that report will be available in the next week or so.

  1. Update/discussion of EPSRC/MRC sandpit call: All In the absence of AG this item was postponed to a future meeting.

  1. DONM
    30Nov22; 16:00 BGM
  1. AoB
    1. KL had initiated contact with CLF, ISIS, and PPD with a view to exploring engagement in the LhARA project going forward.
    2. Need to improve both the LhARA wiki and the LhARA.org site was noted.
    3. The need to capture the contributions in kind made to the development of LhARA from the various partner institutes and individuals was noted.


Last modified 15 months ago Last modified on Nov 17, 2022 5:14:07 PM

Attachments (1)

Download all attachments as: .zip